Friday, September 4, 2015

365 Project - Days 302, 303

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." Epicurus

I am thrilled that my son is off on his college adventure and seems to be having a marvelous time, but I also spend time each day wondering what he is doing, how his day is going and if he is happy and safe. In the last week, I've spoken to him just one time. That's not enough. He's funny because when I ask if he can talk he doesn't see the value in communicating vocally. "Sure," he says, "we can text." Ugh! I just want to hear the lilt in his voice as I know it will energize the lilt in mine.

In the meantime, I rejoice that he is enjoying himself. He was most anxious about his animation class and he texted that it was really fun. He is making lots of friends and also enjoying his roommates. And, he seems to be safe. The only thing I could hope for would be a job ;-)

There's always something, right? I have to learn to relax and breathe in the little moments of joy. Praising and thanking God for what is, not always praying continuously for what is not. And, live as Paul so clearly stated in Philippians, "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." So, for now, I will settle for the pop-up texts and the joy of a weekly call. The job will come when he gets around to it. He's happy and my wish for him is more joy.

These cookies were baked for his dorm room / suite the day before we left. They are his favorites. I made a couple of batches of my favorite recipe as well.

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Home and Away




"Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord, my soul.
I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
...
Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord their God."
Psalm 146:1-2,5

1 comment: