Tuesday, November 3, 2015

365 Project - Day 359

"A beautiful city
Yes, we can; Yes, we can
We can build a beautiful city
Not a city of angels
But finally a city of man." A Beautiful City, from Godspell

Godspell was one of my favorite musicals when I was growing up. I used to listen to the music over and over. We were fortunate to hear a fantastic version of "A Beautiful City" sung by the group pictured below, composed by a 2015 graduate of NYU's Tisch School. I have been moved to tears during our recent visits to NYU. There is something magical about that school. When the outgoing president addressed alumni and parents, I thought he was funny and endearing. Actually, he was very much both of those. If he has been as good natured around the students, they have been fortunate to have such a leader.

"We need more creation and less destruction ... you will be creating you!" I suspect comments like these, made by the Dean of the Tisch School of the Arts, are what moves me to become teary-eyed during my NYU visits. This dedication to the creative process, both internally and externally, coupled with the drive to have a positive impact on the world are fully aligned with the hope I have for my children.

As a parent and mentor, I feel responsible for ensuring youth believe in the pursuit of their passions in a way that creates a sense of abundance and a drive for changing the world. It makes sense, then, that when we follow our dreams and fulfill our deepest desires, we build a more beautiful city.

Today's Photos: Following Dreams





"So let your light so shine before men
Let your light so shine
So that they might know some kindness again
We all need help to feel fine (let's have some wine!)
You are the city of God" Light of the World, from Godspell

No comments:

Post a Comment