Monday, November 2, 2015

365 Project - Day 358

"We never noticed the beauty because we were too busy trying to create it." Unknown

How does one see beauty? In an effort to create a more beautiful photo for today's contribution, I selected my idea of a perfect leaf and stretched out my arm so that I could focus in on the leaf, with the tree serving as a wonderful backdrop. Unfortunately, my arm was not quite long enough for my lens to acquire sharp focus. I continued to stretch and twist until I pulled a muscle in my back. I was in so much pain that I could not stand up straight. All in an attempt to create something that did not exist. I was both frustrated and broken.

As much as I could, I continued to walk around the garden to find something else to photograph given I still need a picture for today's project, but I was in tremendous pain. When processing the photo below, it dawned on me that I may have been trying too hard. And, that could be my lesson in this. Rather than stretch and twist to create something new, perhaps I needed to improve my ability to see the beauty that surrounded me. Appreciating the simplicity in that, would have saved me a lot of agony.

Too often we are running toward something more perfect and in doing so, we miss or take for granted that which exists around us. With a little more patience and a lot more intention, nature will inform us of the beauty in all things.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Truth in Beauty



"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment