Thursday, September 3, 2015

365 Project - Day 301

"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, 'jump,' and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1Corinthians 13:1-4

Something about this field, Happy Landing, just speaks "LOVE." My son included this field as part of his video for his final English project last year. The theme was romance. I have been to the field twice to photograph it, but always in a rush. From his video, I know there's much more to see beyond the crest of the hill, along the path past the windmill, but there's never enough time to get back there.

One of the things that is important truths about love, is that it is always around us, if we will simply make the time. I went to the zoo today and was initially greeted by huge turtles. The turtle keeper said, "aren't they beautiful?" To me they were just huge turtles, but clearly she adored them. The best scene, however, happened in the Rainforest Center. I was watching a very melancholy monkey for several minutes. He did not move, but just sat in one place staring out of the glass. Suddenly, a zookeeper appeared behind me and the monkey jumped up and ran up the tree to greet his keeper. They stared at each other and touched hands through the glass. It was a crazy, sweet moment. I was fortunate to be a witness.

Can't you just picture people walking hand in hand through the grass in this field?

Yes, love is everywhere. Look for it and delight in it!

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Love's Field.





"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1Corinthians 13:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment