Wednesday, September 16, 2015

365 Project - Days 314, 315

“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.” Ruth Reichl

I've decided I'm a bit manic about food and exercise these days. While fully committed to a healthier lifestyle, some days that commitment is very easy. Some days that commitment is extraordinarily hard. Not like I want to eat a tub of ice cream hard, but like I'm tired of chopping and cooking and a sandwich from the local deli would be really tasty.

The one saving grace has been the fabulous late summer weather, coupled with my grill. The other day, I grilled chicken for 2 dinners. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've thought far enough in advance to prepare chicken thighs for one night and chicken breasts for the next. The photo with the mid-prep on spinach was my attempt to hide spinach in my family's favorite salad. It worked. No one caught on to my secret!

I came across a surreal Karl Lagerfeld quote. I believe this is inhuman, but he is now my healthy eating hero. How he does this - escapes me. This is my new ultimate goal: “I never touch sugar, cheese, bread... I only like what I'm allowed to like. I'm beyond temptation. There is no weakness. When I see tons of food in the studio, for us and for everybody, for me it's as if this stuff was made out of plastic. The idea doesn't even enter my mind that a human being could put that into their mouth. I'm like the animals in the forest. They don't touch what they cannot eat.”

"I'm beyond temptation," he says. I cannot imagine being beyond temptation. I can imagine overcoming temptation. He is a beast. I aspire in many more ways than food, to emulate the incredible Mr. Lagerfeld.

Blessings.


Today's Photos: Healthy Living





No comments:

Post a Comment