Tuesday, September 15, 2015

365 Project - Day 313

“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” John Lennon

This face has brought me smiles for decades; driven me to laugh so hard that I couldn't catch my breath and my sides ached; made me both content and uber happy. So, when he shyly asked me if he could sit for a quick portrait, I was thrilled. Obliging the request was easy. No real preparation was involved. We chose his favorite shirt and stepped outside on a beautiful clear and sunny day. He often assists me with headshot sessions, having his photograph taken only for my test shots and then he rarely looks at the lens. He can be rather sassy in those sessions. When it came to his own, however, he needed a little direction.

Emerson said, "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." IMHO, that's when you know, true friendship has matured. When you can truly be yourself, without reservation and with reckless abandon, absolutely free of judgment. That friendship is a gift we give ourselves and if we get it right, it is a gift we offer to others as well. I am beyond blessed that this man has been my best friend for so many years. And, frankly, my level of stupidity knows no bounds, but that's okay ... so far ... and it has been part of all the fun. I'm quite fine with being responsible for a lot of laughs!

May we all be so blessed with at least one of those friends.

I should note - this is my first attempt at a portrait using my 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, handheld. I'm happy. Hope you like.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Portrait of My Friend



“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” Friedrich Nietzsche






EXIF: Nikon D750
ISO 250
190mm
f2.8
1/180s

1 comment: