Friday, September 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 309

“Eat healthily, sleep well, breathe deeply, move harmoniously.” Jean-Pierre Barral

I have decided I should try to live the above, with the following addition: live faithfully. As I think about this, though I am not a fan of cabbage, today's photo seems to illustrate all of these. I was not looking for a cabbage head to photograph when I was grocery shopping the other day, but if you can fall in love with one, I did this one. I loved everything about it: the colors, the texture, the layers (some tight, some lose, some delicate, some thick, some small, some large) and the flow.

I have served my family a set of meals this week, unusually rich with vegetables. No one has complained yet. Here's what I'm hoping ... if I eat more healthily, my sleep will also improve. I will breathe more deeply and more often (meaning with less stress involved) and that will make all of my movements, internal and external, more harmonious - one of my favorite words. Faith is easy and hard, but when you remove the things you control and simplify life, faith is easiest.

I am coming to believe that a simpler, less cluttered life provides more space for the Lord to breathe in and through me. Then He shall shine.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Simply, lovely cabbage



"One who is full loathes honey from the comb, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet." Proverbs 27:7







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f4.8
1/8s

No comments:

Post a Comment