Friday, September 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 322

"So, then dear brothers and sisters, be firm. Do not be moved! Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1Corinthians 15:58

As I was coming home from my morning walk the other day, I was captivated by the sunlight and rays you see in the photo below. There was a freshness in the air, coupled with warmth and a sense of hope, determination and courage.

After 1 year in the local camera club, one of my photographs finally placed. I wrote about courage the other day and some months I haven't had the courage to submit photos for competitions. This time I went for it, submitting in all 4 categories. I guessed the potential issues the judges would have with the photos ahead of the session, however, I had no qualms about the one which placed, except that I have been told that flowers generally don't do well. Humph!

Too often, our fears cause us to hide our light under a bushel. As Joel Grimes shared in a seminar I watched today, "There is a 100% guarantee that someone is going to come along and try to derail you." So fear is natural. However, when we work hard and then allow that work to shine, succeed or fail, we become stronger and as the rays in this photograph illustrate, that strength of our shining light touches others, in unexpected and sometimes wholly unrelated ways. That was true for me last night.

Labor, regardless of the activity is never in vain. It always moves us forward, even if we take a step backward.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Light's Expanse



"The few who do are the envy of the many who watch." Jim Rohn






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 320
35mm
f9.5
1/45s

No comments:

Post a Comment