Sunday, September 6, 2015

365 Project - Days 305, 306

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32

I awoke this morning thinking about kindness. Quite a nice way to begin a Sunday morning. This section in Ephesians entitled, "Instructions for Christian Living, appears to simply inform us as to how we are "expected" to act. My perspective, however, is this is more a set of habits that would make our lives far more enjoyable should we exchange current behaviors for these new ones. I always have a choice in how I handle the situations before me. When I choose to handle them with consideration and compassion, that is as much a gift I offer myself as to the other person (regardless of how they may behave). It's up to me to remember that whatever I do for (and to others), I also do for myself.

There is an extended family of woodpeckers enjoying my garden. They sing, play and peck. It is a joy to watch them. Despite their size, they are respectful of the tinier birds that share the food and garden with them.

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Female Downy Woodpeckers





"It's a little embarrassing that after 45 years of research & study, the best advice I can give people is to be a little kinder to each other." Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment