Tuesday, September 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 307

"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." James A. Michener

I've moved from on from my dolls ;-)

I've shot tens of thousands of photos with my prior camera and lenses. Making this switch to a new camera and lens is proving to be more of an adjustment than I expected. Along with the attempt to shoot using a new style, I am challenging myself everyday to create.

Today's photo is an outdoor portrait, using a shallow depth of field (of which I am not a fan), my new camera, my new lens and back button focus. I may have tried too many new things at once while photographing an unwilling subject that I had to bribe with an offer of homemade chocolate chip cookies!

I prefer a depth of field that incorporates all of my subject's body in the field of focus, but I have seen so many portraits and headshots with shallow depths that I thought I was being a bit pithy. I have been playing around with apertures of 1.8 to 2.8 and I'm uncomfortable with them, but I haven't given up. Until I try a few hundred on a variety of subjects I won''t be able to truly articulate my preference intelligently. Until then, I shall continue to frustrate myself trying to adapt, strengthening skills and building my character along the way.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Strong Willed



"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4






EXIF: Nikon D750
ISO 200
85mm
f1.8
1/350s

No comments:

Post a Comment