Monday, August 3, 2015

365 Project - Day 275

"And after you suffer for a short time, God, who gives all grace, will make everything right. He will make you strong and support you and keep you from falling. He called you to share in his glory in Christ, a glory that will continue forever. All power is his forever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:10-11

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To him be the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:10-11

I needed this and Paul knew it. What comes next is his acknowledgment that he wrote these words to encourage, saying "Stand strong in that grace." Ever have one of those days where it feels like you're running as hard as you can, in one place; doing a whole lot, getting nothing accomplished; going nowhere? Perhaps that is all part of the suffering Paul speaks of in the verses above.

My hope is that my suffering is super short, yet meaningful, filled with crystal clear lessons - lest I suffer without learning. (I suppose one might call that tragic!) And most importantly that the glory surpasses the suffering. Yes, that is a lot to ask, but I believe the combination of God's grace and Christ's glory is explosive and, therefore certainly up to my "ask".

I waited a day or two after purchasing these beets before photographing them. By the time I pulled them out of the vegetable bin, they were damp and smelly. Since I bought them just for this project, though, I was determined to photograph the best bits, the best possible way. This exercise was painful, but I persevered - not to be beaten, by the beets!

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Red Beets



"In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen." 1 Peter 5:10-11

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered for a short time, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:10-11







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f6.7
1/6s


No comments:

Post a Comment