Thursday, August 27, 2015

365 Project - Days 294, 295

"We can't become what we need by remaining where we are."

So we are here. The end of summer 2015. The beginning of a new school year. As luck would have it, these photos, especially as processed in black and white, seem to reflect the end of summer. With the boats racked and a quiet pool, it's time to move on.

A funny story about the boats. I had taken my car in for its regular service and was tooling around in my Acura "convenience car" looking for a photo op. I rolled around a few unknown neighborhoods and followed cars down a small road where a construction crew was working. I paid no attention to the detour sign and kept going. I was quickly stopped by a police officer who asked, 1) was I on my phone (no); 2) didn't I see the detour sign (yes); 3) where was I going (uh, nowhere in particular). He let me carry on since I had already passed the danger zone, and I eventually stumbled upon a little lakeside play area. Honestly, my life is a bit like that moment, at times. Skirting past the orchestrated detour, with little focus as to where I'm headed and once safely past the danger zone, surprise blessings. My life might have been easier, more linear and certainly more fastidious had I followed the more pragmatic detour(s). It also may not have been as exciting or extraordinary. Alas, the good news is - I keep moving on. That is more than enough.

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: End of Summer!




“All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment important, vital, and worth living. Do not let it slip away unnoticed and unused.” Martha Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment