Saturday, August 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 278

“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes

Feeling this in spades today and in every dimension. The day has been a rough one, but God has had my back at every turn. I do wish, though, that he could have prevented me from pressing the quality button on the back of my camera when I was fumbling in the dark - I hate when that happens.

I have been pressed for time and this was put in draft and delayed. I have been pulled in a lot of different directions with multiple demands on my time, wearing many different hats. I changed the photo I had planned for Day 278. Still a bird - so I left the quote above, but I just had to use the woodpecker at the hummingbird feeder.

Ever feel like this? A bit of a desperate misfit. It seems you have all the right tools, but not quite. I'm fairly certain the woodpecker knows this is not his space. Yet he sticks his beak in there anyway. He may enjoy the nectar, but it cannot be as fulfilling as banging his beak against a firm wooden tree. Yet, still, he burrows in the hummingbird's hole. I watch and wonder. Why is the woodpecker so insistent on enjoying the fruit of something a third his size and clearly something so ill-fitting him? Perhaps, he is just thirsty. Perhaps, he wishes he were a tiny hummingbird. Perhaps, he thinks, if only ...

I know how the woodpecker feels.

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: If only ...


"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:1-2






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
200mm
f2.8
1/500s

No comments:

Post a Comment