Tuesday, August 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 292

"Every blessing ignored because a curse." Paulo Coelho

At first blush, having a cast party for close to 50 kids and their families and then hosting a group of graduated high school seniors for a sleepover immediately following, seemed insane. Yet, I would not trade a single moment. Not the cast party, during which I failed to take a single photo. Not the 33 hour overlapping and raucous senior goodbye event where the kids were awake until 4AM and we fed them breakfast and lunch and began to grow anxious about serving dinner as well.

There are a few moments, mostly ones we do not choose, that are perfect even in their imperfections and they bless us in ways that are immeasurable. Should we fail to see them as blessings, we lose. One of the kids timidly said, "you are so kind to let us stay here all day. If this were my house, my parents would have said, 'enough already, go home!'" "Hmmm," I thought, "what better way to spend an afternoon than to enjoy the final notes of laughter, play time and love before these kids scatter for school?" Of course, I could find something else to do, but nothing would bless me or them more.

Was this a sacrifice? Sure, but it was one where my offering was love, something we all have in abundance.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Love and goodbyes



"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f1.4
1/60s

No comments:

Post a Comment