Tuesday, August 11, 2015

365 Project - Days 279, 280

"I've learned through the years that it's not where you live, it's the people who surround you that make you feel at home." -J.B. McGee

As things wind down this summer, these boys chose to take advantage of their season passes to Six Flags to spend the day with their dads. My husband went along, but with some trepidation - he is not a fan of amusement parks. I tried to give the other dads a heads up.

As the kids gathered at our home in the morning, they were full of excitement. The joy and respect they have for each other is obvious. They have such an easy time together. I'm sure the day will be long remembered. They spent the evening playing a variety of games - both social and electronic. And, I must say they were the loudest I can ever recall for a sleepover at our home. I could not fathom the game that caused so much wild energy at 2AM.

They were back to gaming and swimming the following day, with the last group leaving at close to 4:00 in the afternoon. A 30+ hour party. My crowning moment was hearing from the vegetarians that the salad I served for lunch was "the best salad ever." I quickly snapped the photo of the carrots before adding them to the salad.

These guys are more than friends. They are truly my son's extended family. Next week the first of his closest friends will leave for college. The goodbyes will be difficult. And while he is excited to begin his own journey, leaving this extended family he has built with compassion and love will be painful. He knows he has been blessed.

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Blessings





"Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless - that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing." 1Peter 3:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment