Tuesday, August 4, 2015

365 Project - Day 276, 277

"You can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. It's all in how you look at it." Unknown

I have been putting off writing this blog all day. It was easy, though. My house was filled with the shouts and laughter of teenage boys most of the day. So between cooking for them and cleaning up after them, there was hardly enough time to anguish over today's blog. I am not happy with the photos, perhaps more so than any other day in the past 275.

It's almost comical that a photo of something so beautiful as a rose could upset me so much. And something as awkward as a home filled with teenage boys could bring such joy and gratitude. Interesting day.

I have learned valuable lessons today. The reality is I have to own the fact that late one night, I chose to tempt fate and pop up the flash on my camera to light and shoot the first photo. A poor choice, but now I certainly know better! Simultaneously, there was a time when the boys could make too much noise at 2AM. Yet, soon, when my son leaves for college, the silence will be deafening.

The shouts, louder than ever in the past 18 years, were somehow soothing today. There was not one thing annoying about the noise. It was more beautiful than a rose on a summer day.

Blessings!

Today's Photo: Thorns and Roses




"To emphasize only the beautiful seems to me to be like a mathematical system that only concerns itself with positive numbers." Paul Klee

No comments:

Post a Comment