Saturday, August 1, 2015

365 Project - Day 274

"I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate."

Okay - two trips this week to one of the local creameries may have been a bit too much. We have been trying to connect with one of the French teenagers who recently stayed with us and he wanted to try, "the best ice cream in town." We decided to meet him at Ferris Acres Creamery. He wasn't able to make it the first time, but we were already there and at the front of the line when he sent word that he couldn't make it. We certainly could not pass up the opportunity for a family dessert night. Then, however, we met up with him at the creamery 2 days later. It's hard to make peace with yourself when you're working exceptionally hard, getting little sleep and also indulging in ice cream at the same time. It was tasty, though!

I took my camera with me the second time to capture a photo of the cows on the property, but they didn't show up until it was quite dark outside. I suppose bringing the camera was also my way of ensuring there was a higher purpose to the trip to the creamery. It is rare for us to make two trips to the creamery in an entire summer. So maybe in some small way I could redeem the excessiveness and utilize the trip to serve a purpose.

I was humored by the juxtaposition of this post - a peace sign, albeit upside down, in front of the massive creamery menu. This is now one of my favorite photos of the summer. More personal than artistic, but a strong, sturdy reminder to stay on course - or at least, get back quickly after a diversion.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Peace Cone



"You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. You're blessed when you follow his directions doing your best to find him." Psalm 119:1-2








EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 640
50mm
f1.4
1/45s

No comments:

Post a Comment