Wednesday, August 19, 2015

365 Project - Day 286

"Good habits formed at youth make all the difference." Aristotle

Four some reason, I can still vividly remember how I felt as I loudly declared to my floor that if anyone should need me they would have to come to my room to speak me and I then plopped down on my bed unable to further move after having eaten 5 helpings of the second most delicious lasagna I had ever eaten.

I was an RSA in college and little elves (not really, but surely it was the only way one could explain the deliciousness of the food we were served) prepared the food we ate each day. There is no explaining what possessed me at dinner that evening. I learned a valuable lesson. I suppose sometimes we need moments like that, but I was a mess the rest of the evening, laying on my bed moaning and groaning.

The combination of these home grown vegetables gifted to us from one of my son's friends and getting him ready for school reminded me of my poor college eating habits. He's fortunate, Whole Foods is just a few short blocks away from his dorm. I know that unless he thinks about the home made bagels, he's not likely to walk over to Whole Foods and when he does, he may stop at the burger joint along the way.

All of this is a reminder that we are constantly reinforcing our habits, good and bad. Most often, we associate habits with food, but everything we do is habitual. The question, as always, is are our habits supporting our purpose or suppressing our purpose. Everything we do does one or the other. A bit of good news is our choices are made easier by the company we keep; make good friends and good habits are easy.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Healthy Friends


“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
Mahatma Gandhi






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 500 (handheld)
50mm
f4
1/60s

No comments:

Post a Comment