Thursday, August 13, 2015

365 Project - Day 281

"Art is man's nature; nature is God's art." Philip James Bailey

Two days hiking in Acadia and I am weary. I am also in awe of the wonder of His beauty. This is nature at its best. I have watched my sons take multiple iPhone photos, heard them proclaim the beauty they see and declare they have been to no place more exquisite. In fact, one of my sons after hiking (and complaining loudly) for nearly 3 hours, noted that he could sit at the top of the mountain looking out toward the ocean for hours. Sounds like the strenuous hike was worthwhile!

The hike took a long time for several reasons: some due to the nature of the hike and some were my fault. The hike was up a rocky trail. This was my first time hiking since the incident of my broken leg and I was determined to take it easy. The funny thing was we saw a lot of hikers coming down (the easy way) while we were headed up. I also stopped many times to take photos. The path was beautiful; hard but full!

There are parallels we can draw in life, right? The journey almost always seems treacherous and we doubt, along the way, whether the outcome will have been worth the plight. Yet, inevitably, the destination exceeds our expectations. How much more might we enjoy the end, if we took more time to notice the beauty of the journey itself? We might also learn a few secrets from God about the truths of His plan, if we pause during the journey, rather than rush to the end. It is something to think about.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Nature's Bounty



"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." George Washington Carver.







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
28mm
f3.2
1/30s

No comments:

Post a Comment