Friday, July 3, 2015

365 Project - Day 245

The mystery of what happens to the bird food overnight continues to stump me. This time a metal cage was torn down from a branch and completely torn apart. I know the squirrels are cunning and acrobatic, but this just seemed to be too much. Then this evening as we were setting up for a few teenagers to stop by to roast marshmallows, I stopped in my tracks as I stepped out the back door. A very fat animal was crawling down a tree near the remaining feeders. My husband is convinced it is simply a squirrel that has overindulged in my bird food (haha), but I'm telling you - this was a large devil! I knew something untoward was happening back there. It seemed impossible that the squirrels were eating that much food and damaging so much property on their own. I am not forgiving them. I'm sure they called in the calvary, but now I know something else is going on. I'm anxious to find out what that was. I'm thinking now I will feed the birds during the daytime only! It's creepy, I know!

"A great wind is blowing, and that gives you either imagination or a headache." Catherine the Great

On to more interesting things ... As I was walking around the garden on a recent windy afternoon, I spotted this moth hanging on to a blade of monkey grass as though its life was in the balance. I couldn't resist trying to capture the spirit of the moment. The wind was strong and I imagine presented a difficult challenge for this moth. Where does a moth find shelter in the wind?

This moth started me thinking ... when we face turmoil and unsettling situations, we too, can hang on and hide ourselves away. Yet to what end? A safe life isn't often the most fun, nor the most beneficial. Sometimes we have to sail against the wind to arrive at our destination. And other times, we are fortunate to have the wind at our backs. In either case, we are better positioned for success and joy when we are moving, with intention, toward our goals, regardless of the challenges we face. As hard as it is, we have to set aside our fears to get to our purpose.

To be sure, our light cannot shine when we're hanging on upside down under a blade of grass! Move on and shine!

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Winded



"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41:10






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f2
1/350s

No comments:

Post a Comment