Saturday, July 4, 2015

365 Project - Day 246

"Freedom lies in being bold." Robert Frost

Happy 4th of July! It is Independence Day.

My camera is in the shop for its annual cleaning - something I did not know I needed until recently. I'm also having the autofocus checked. I feel a bit naked without it, but I'll manage. We have a lot of point and shoot cameras in the house. Surely I'll be okay for a few days.

We spent the afternoon at the beach. When we arrived, the clouds cleared and the sun came out. We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon and a lovely evening. I had forgotten the largess of these fireworks. These fireworks displays last about an hour and are in every direction you turn. We were told that at couple was marrying today at one end of the beach and the father of the bride had spent $100,000 on their fireworks. Of course, we kept our eyes peeled. So since there are fireworks everywhere, eventually huge rockets exploded right above my head, arching starlets and raining bright colors across the sky. I jumped many times, worried a dud and/or ashes would land on my head.

I thought this flower was fitting for today since it resembles a sparkler. Taking the photo as a close-up (this is uncropped) gave the flower more dimension, strength and boldness. Similarly, tonight's various fireworks displays along the beach were close-up - bold and beautiful. The displays I have been used to in the past were tame, two dimensional 15 minute shows with the explosions off in the distance. Imagine a homegrown fireworks competition. That's what we experienced tonight.

I think it's fair to say that these families were determined to deliver the best possible evening's entertainment. They stepped up and delivered. Not bad !

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: Sparkler



"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts







EXIF: Panasonic DMC-FP7
ISO 100
47mm
f3.7
1/60

No comments:

Post a Comment