Sunday, July 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 254

"Along with the sunshine, there's gotta be a little rain sometimes." Lynne Anderson, Rose Garden

So I am dating myself, but when I was a teeny tiny itsy bitsy girl, I used to choreograph dance routines to this and other songs like Harper Valley PTA. Not joking. We would perform our little dance routines for anyone who was willing to watch. I'm sure it was a hoot! I can still remember pulling down the shades during our Harper Valley routine. Okay so - you might have to look up the lyrics!

Rose Garden came to mind today as I looked at this photograph and thought about my day. I have tried multiple times to procure quality headshot prints from a local shop that everyone tells me they use. After repeated attempts and successive failures. I give up. And, actually the problem isn't just with headshots. Any color print process fails. Today I was in tears from the combination of pure exhaustion, frustration and abject failure. Actually, why did I assume this time would be any different?

The good news is that I know there is a fantastic lesson in here - I just need to hold on, dig in, discover the truth and use it to gain future success. I just need to hold on ... Yep. That's the struggle. I know.

Yet, all day long I have been reminded of Napoleon Hill and Ralph Waldo Emerson and their views "that every adversity brings with it the seed of equivalent advantage." I couldn't even wail for thinking for this and that the more important points today may have been these -

Emerson: "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”

Hill: “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”

Was it a drag to pick up the photos and see something altogether different than what I see on my fully calibrated screens? Of course, but I know there is more to this than the store can't print my stuff. I went back to all 110 photos and reworked them a bit. I have learned a final lesson, though, from this particular shop! It and I do not do well together. I will move on to another print shop and I'm excited about that.

Today, I lived the adage, "we live and we learn" and am adding to it, "and we grow". And to grow, we need both rain and sun.

Blessings!

Today's Photo: After the rain!


Needed this: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1Thessalonians 5:16-18 ... Thank you Lord!








EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
52mm
f9
1/125s

No comments:

Post a Comment