Wednesday, July 15, 2015

365 Project - Day 256, 257

"It's not the tragedies that kill us, it's the messes." Dorothy Parker

I am all absorbed with completing the headshot boards for this week's Sabrina's Encore Productions shows, Beauty and the Beast and Thoroughly Modern Millie. When I get like this, I am mostly numb, and can do little else than make multiple trips to the printers to fix photos and then, measure, print, cut, tape, repeat.

The only time I am not fully consumed and anxious is when I am watching the bird activity and wandering amongst my garden. Something odd is happening with the birds. From my perspective, it's inexplicable. I have a daily rush hour in my garden. Throughout the day, there will be short segments of time when lots of birds will swoop in grab a bite, hang around on a limb and walk around the rocks. I expected fewer birds when the squirrels down-sized me to a single feeder, but there are more. I have fewer goldfinches and several of the larger birds are gone, replaced by hoards of titmice, nuthatches and woodpeckers. More cardinals are here all day and the mourning doves are hanging around in a nice, tight pair. Everyone seems to be getting along and taking turns, but the squirrels still bully the birds my swinging from the branches to jump on the feeder. And, that's irritating.

I'm surprised by the calm that overcomes me as I watch the activity. Even a few moments with the birds is enough to regroup and reset. Perhaps observing their frantic activity, helps me release and forget my own. At the end of the day, I know I get this way when I don't take enough time to pray and rest - something I know intellectually, but in the thick of things am not always great about making the time - and creating the environment that would envelop me in peace. Yet, tomorrow is a new day!

Blessings.

Today's Photos:

Active Garden - Day 256


Active Garden - Day 257



"God cannot give you happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing." C.S. Lewis

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment