Wednesday, July 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 250

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for power equal to your tasks." Phillip Brooks

I am exhausted.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I suddenly have found myself oversubscribed and pressed. Somehow, there's too much to do and far too little time. And the work at hand gets more and more complicated.

That being said, I had promised my husband a break this afternoon since the boys were in the city were their theatre group. My husband and I went to see "Spy". It was a delightful, laugh-outloud movie. I was stunned I stayed awake because my husband told me I fell asleep in the middle of our conversation on the way to lunch near the theater. Melissa McCarthy's character fully embodies the quote above throughout the movie. I loved seeing her character rise above.

So as I think about all that I have to do, I could want for less and/or for easier tasks. But what's the fun in that? I believe that too often we give up on ourselves too early and toss the tasks we decide we are incapable of fulfilling. Instead, I am going to pray for the talents, skills and resources necessary to excel and rise above every one. I will be grateful that I am more than enough and also get ready for the next wave of complex (and exciting) tasks ahead.

Along the way, I will reenergize by stopping to smell the flowers, like these fantastic purple and white daisies!

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Show-Stoppers


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13







EXIF: Nikon 3200
ISO 800
50mm
f13
1/5s

No comments:

Post a Comment