Wednesday, July 1, 2015

365 Project - Day 243

"God cannot tell lies! And so his promises and vows are two things that can never be changed. We have run to God for safety. Now his promises should greatly encourage us to take hold of the hope that is right in front of us. This hope is like a firm and steady anchor for our souls. In fact, hope reaches behind the curtain and into the most holy place. Jesus has gone there ahead of us, and he is our high priest forever" Hebrews 6:18-20

As I photographed and processed this Gerbera Daisy, my mind fixated on "clarity." I was surprised, but I seemed drawn by this somewhat imperfect, yet crisp, flower to center my thoughts on getting to a degree of clarity that would yield sense of calm. I felt that once I cleared out the cobwebs and settled in, I could shift to "trust." An interesting series of thoughts, right? I simply pulled this singular daisy from a bouquet and felt a bit transformed as I worked through my photographic process. However brief, it's always nice to have that moment absent of fear, anxiety and worry. A moment filled only with hope.

Sometimes, those moments of clarity | trust | hope are more than enough.

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: Hope Secured




"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all." Emily Dickinson

"Fear betrays our ability to help ourselves by thinking clearly." Wisdom of Solomon 17:12






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f13
4s

No comments:

Post a Comment