Tuesday, July 21, 2015

365 Project - Day 263

"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have been fervently trying to capture my husband's marigolds. My attempts have been largely futile. While hearty plants, they are too tiny for my lenses to crisply capture. I do not have a true macro lens, so this has been an exercise in daily pursuit. I have learned, however, to be simply grateful for their adornment of our garden. I'm more casual in my attempt now and think more about the full composition of the photograph, less about the individual flower.

I often try to think about life in that way as well. Be present enough to clothe myself in gratitude for the moment and also provide myself with enough space to think less about an individual annoyance and more about the big picture, the full composition.

To be sure, those more composed thoughts don't always come in the midst of the frustrating moment. Sometimes, I just can't clear my head. I do, however, try to force the clearing quickly, remembering that all things, good and not so, contribute to my well-being. And a habit of gratitude, I'm convinced, begets more opportunities to be thankful.

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Composed Marigolds




"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2.8
1/100s


No comments:

Post a Comment