Sunday, July 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 253

"Your results are the product of either personal focus or personal distractions. The choice is yours." John Di Lemme

This beauty was a surprise. As my husband, insensitively, filled this section of my garden with mulch he told me that if my lovely Calla Lilies had not reappeared by the time he was ready to mulch, they were not coming back. Boo-hoo!

In my garden, however, my plants persevere with amazing fortitude. Not one can be called "done". They have all survived little attention, a horrendous winter and now, being completely covered by muck. It is wonderful to see the Callas burst forth out of the mulching muck to emerge stronger and more beautiful than ever. If only we should persist as such, huh?

I photographed at twilight. And just for fun, I chose to minimize the amount of the flower in focus and fade out the background. This was my attempt to illustrate the need for focus on the right things in our lives, despite the amount of noise the rest may make. Too often we let the muck steal our joy and our focus, losing sight of what is most important.

So from this day forward, I am choosing to minimize the distractions caused by the muck so that I can major on things that create joy and beauty and peace. Join me?

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Pinpoint Focus



“Be on guard. The road widens, and many of the detours are seductive.” David Foster Wallace



No comments:

Post a Comment