Thursday, July 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 251

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde spoke volumes with that quote. I love how it pushes us to the teeter on the edge.

I spent yesterday morning with kids who are preparing to participate in upcoming productions with the 1214 Foundation. We have a team of leadership consultants that have been orchestrated by Yale University to help the kids develop their strengths, work through emotions and gain confidence. I am blessed to have this opportunity to serve as a volunteer facilitator. As I was leading a component on embodying our strengths yesterday, several of the students selected creativity as their core strength. It was wonderful to watch and listen as they described how creativity comes to life for each of them.

One of the great things about the exercise was realizing both that we have different strengths and for those who have the same strength, understanding that we each experience, express and live it in different ways. And since creativity was the strength I used to demonstrate the exercise, I can confidently say that all natural creatives beings are always living on the edge. I would go so far as to say that my rampant creativity is constantly exploding with ideas that often crash and burn, but that's half the fun! I meant to share that yesterday - bummer.

Albert Einstein said, "Creativity is intelligence having fun." I wanted a brilliant, more exciting backdrop for my flower photo the other day. My dining room walls, while lovely, are tiring and starting to bore me. So I had the clever idea of taking the daisies outside to photograph in the garden. Yes - I was cheating. Even so, the situation was not ideal. It was late in the day, but I was determined to capture a creative shot, in as few shots as possible since I was still using my son's camera. It's passable and creative!

How are you embodying your strength today?

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Daisy Creative



"Creativity doesn't wait for the perfect moment, it fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones." Bruce Garrabrandt






EXIF: Nikon D3200
ISO 400
200mm
f8
1/250s

No comments:

Post a Comment