Monday, July 13, 2015

365 Project - Day 255

"As God's co-workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.' " 2Corinthians 6:1-2

My son came home from rehearsal wide-eyed and speaking strangely. "Oh mom," he said, "there are so many stars out tonight. It's awesome." I was thrilled that a 14 year old boy would even notice such a thing. Then, at 11:00 at night, came an even stranger event. "Shouldn't we go out an take a picture?" Say what? My child was urging me to go and spend time with him doing the thing I love the most.

It's possible that one other day, ever, I have attempted to photograph the stars. I had no idea what to do, except to say, "Yes, of course." Dressed in our pajamas, the two of us grabbed my tripod and camera and headed outdoors. We chose to shoot in the backyard where there was more space and a flatter surface, but I'm not sure that was the best choice.

After spending time choosing a location, setting the camera, sorting out how to turn the tripod head so the camera would sit upside down and getting set up, we took a few photographs. Of course, we're missing context and a wider angle lens would have been a better option - I should have grabbed my other son's Sigma 17-70mm, but I was admittedly virtually clueless. I'm sure there are a number of other things we should also have taken into consideration, but I was just so happy to be outside obliging and hanging out with my son.

Grace can come in all forms, in the strangest moments and at inopportune times. On this day, it came after a long day, in the look and the words of my child. It came in the late evening air and the expanse of the stars. I am blessed and thrilled to have had this shared experience with my son.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: His Splendor!



"The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor." 1Corinthians 15:41








EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
35mm
f/4
25s


No comments:

Post a Comment