Monday, July 6, 2015

365 Project - Day 248

"But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well." Matthew 6:33

As I struggled with my first attempt to create a "painterly" effect with one of my photographs, I was reminded that this was a simple secondary task. And while I could spend a lot of time working to perfect the look, I have bigger assignments. So, why was I spending so much time here? The answer was clear - because it was easier to procrastinate and rationalize agonizing over my "fun" daily project, than work my tougher assignments.

When I read today's Bible App verse above, I knew my priorities were mixed up. Something I needed to resolve. By the way, the way I see it, the more I want, the more of His work, I need to accomplish. It's really not difficult at all. It just is.

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: Painted Ledge Flowers



"[God] has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







EXIF: Nikon D3200
ISO 200
34mm
f8
1/200s

No comments:

Post a Comment