Friday, October 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 331

"Jesus said unto him, 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.' " Matthew 22:37-40

As I began to work the photo for today, I started with a simple idea: photograph white eggs (which, by the way, we do not eat). Soon after I started, I was compelled to shoot a different photograph entirely. I was driven to create this view of something more than diversity; a vision of the reality of us all being created equally (given we are all created in the image of God); the beauty of the various colors we represent both in skin color and in personality; and the delightful and challenging fact that we are locked in this world together.

While the end result is not perfect, it is the photograph I needed to create at that moment, inclusive of the shine on the eggs, reflective of the difficulty of the message. Nevertheless, choose love.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Beyond Inclusion: Love thy neighbour as thyself



“He who is different from me does not impoverish me - he enriches me. Our unity is constituted in something higher than ourselves - in Man... For no man seeks to hear his own echo, or to find his reflection in the glass.” Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry


No comments:

Post a Comment