Tuesday, October 27, 2015

365 Project - Days 348, 351

"All things are possible for one who believes." Mark 9:23

When I was a young child I loved to sing. My challenge, however, was that my family told me I could not sing and I should stop. Nearly every time I opened my mouth to sing a brother or sister or one of my parents would insist that I stop. Sometimes, just for fun, I would belt out "Born Free" and they would all come running to shut me down! I found them annoying at the time, but I suspect their comments dampened any musical light or hope. I was so young, it's hard to recall what I was thinking at the time. I don't believe I had plans to become a Beyonce, but I was stripped of even the joy of singing, for I was always self conscious. Fortunately, I still loved music.

While I stopped singing in their presence, I didn't stop singing. The only people who really got to hear me sing aloud were my children. That was one of the blessings of my newborns. I could sing and they were incapable of complaining plus my music was helping the synapses in their brains. Hah! Perhaps that was God's way of telling me it was time to utilize the fraction of talent I had to light up my little corner of the world. My babies never balked at my singing (when they were tiny) and have grown into honored vocalists. I couldn't have been all that bad!! In fact, I would submit that my children's talent is evidence of my love of music and song. They are far superior to me, of course. Where I had a thimble of talent, they have a well. Yet, had I told them they could not or should not sing, they might have believed me and the world would have missed their talent.

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Singers!





"Thought creates after its kind."

No comments:

Post a Comment