Monday, October 12, 2015

365 Project - Days 333, 334

“To find out what is truly individual in ourselves, profound reflection is needed; and suddenly we realize how uncommonly difficult the discovery of individuality is.” C. G. Jung

I had the opportunity for a moment's reflection this evening. In that moment, while grilling hot dogs outside on the deck in the cool autumn air, I thought about my day. I had spent much of it engaged in a variety of activities readying my son to return to college. And, in the evening, I chose to relax and grill hot dogs for my younger son. In those few minutes I thought, "I've come a long way in two years."

I spent the Fall of 2013 in Central and Eastern Europe. I can vividly remember moving from airport to airport with more luggage than I should have had, but who knew when I would be in one city long enough to have my dainties washed? I was at the disposal of the local teams and I went where they needed me to make client calls. I smile now as I picture myself in small European airports, a well-seasoned traveller, with both arms loaded. I enjoyed being in the field, but I also missed being at home.

Tonight, I am filled with gratitude - not for just today, but also for the work, filled with trials and triumphs, that brought me to today. No one gets to a moment like this without both challenges and successes. For both ends of the spectrum I am grateful. And, I have grown through and since. I find it funny that people say, "I would not change a thing." Hah! I would change lots, nevertheless, I am grateful for it all. Every experience shapes us into the individuals we are meant to be. There is cause for celebration as we discover ourselves and our uniqueness. And, gratitude for how we have become who we are.

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Celebrate Individuality




"Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus." 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment