Wednesday, October 21, 2015

365 Project - Day 344

"Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." Leonardo da Vinci

Haha! These quotes warm my soul today. I wondered if I should share my real objectives for today's photo or make something up. Why not? Because, I failed. I was unable to achieve the project task, despite a longer than usual daily session. And like da Vinci suggested, I finally gave up. I will try again, but I had enough for the day and despite several adjustments, I wasn't getting any closer to achieving my goals.

So my project was to capture water drops with reflections. An ambitious project, true. I had a recipe for success in hand and was excited, perhaps too excited. As usual, I started with a more challenging graphic in mind - the Greenbay Packers Logo. When that did not work, I switched to a simpler target of flowers. In my post-project analysis, I was overly confident to start and I went too far the other direction when the Packers logo did not work.

I look forward to another go and achieving my dream after I catch my breath. The good news is despite this failed attempt, I still managed to capture a few pretty cool water photos. Isn't that what happens if we give ourselves the space and time to live a little while we learn? Even if our intended plan fails, something interesting, if not magical, happens along the way when we slow down. And, if we can enjoy that magic, we are stronger when we finally arrive at our destination.

Blessings!

Today's Photos: Near Water Reflection and Slow Down




"You may say I'm a dreamer ... " John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment