Wednesday, October 28, 2015

365 Project - Days 349, 350

"For every ailment under the sun
There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it;
If there be none, never mind it." W. W. Bartley

I put my crystal back to use for the photos below and was very happy I did. It is difficult to control the results, but not entirely impossible. I can move the crystal around and watch the image change in the lens, but I'm never 100% assured of the result. I have done my best to find the optimal version of the use of crystal with each photo. The efforts can be frustrating, but the results worth the trouble. These photos remind me of grace. The combination of the complication of our lives and the simplicity of God's grace overcoming those complications.

As in Bartley's version of the Serenity Prayer, above, we should do our best to find solutions to problems and challenges as they arise and if we cannot, let go. This is personally difficult for me. I often agonize before giving in. With plenty of courage, I want for more grace and more wisdom as in Niebuhr's version below.

I recently watched a discussion between Oprah Winfrey and Stephen Colbert on The Late Show in which they discussed their favorite Bible verses. I was captivated by Colbert's rationale for his choice of Matthew 6 ... "Do not worry," he said, "it's like a commandment." To which Oprah responded that it's like a sin to worry. Therefore, as the old adage goes, we truly should "do our best and let God do the rest." This is where grace steps in and often grants us wisdom.

Blessings.

Today's Photos: Grace






"God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other." Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment