Sunday, June 7, 2015

365 Project - Day 218, 219

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust”
― John Webster

It's been a crazy week and since I have two days in a row of still life, I'm doubling up.

I am exploring color and texture in both photographs. Getting the right balance and mix of color and texture became more important to me than overall composition. Since the available space is small and crowded, I've chosen not to anguish over composition, but rather obsess over other details. There will come a time when I will have enough space. At that point, I would like to know that I have sorted out everything else. Abundant space without understanding color, texture and exposure does absolutely no good. Perfection, therefore, is not my aim. While my confined space is frustrating, I am certain I gain if I am able to "see" differently and strengthen my skills in the midst of this challenge.

Tonight was Tony night! We enjoyed full-on entertainment. The Tony Awards are always such a colorful and joy filled event and tonight seemed especially so. It is interesting that both the winner of Best Play (The Curious Incident of the Dog in Nighttime) and Best Musical (Fun Home) were born out of difficulty. As I was thinking recently about challenges and adversity, one thing became crystal clear: challenges, adversity, failure and defeat can either define you or refine you. Those who understand how to engage adversity as a refining power, shine brilliantly - not in spite of the difficulties in their lives, but because of them. Tonight seems proof of this.

Best wishes.

Today's Photos: Still Life Days 218 & 219






"All sacrifice and suffering is redemptive. It is used to either teach the individual or to help others. Nothing is by chance.”
― A.J. Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment