Monday, June 22, 2015

365 Project - Day 234

"Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him." Deuteronomy 30:19

We recently celebrated my son's final voice recital. I remember years ago, when he first jogged off of the football field and onto the stage, thinking I'm not sure how this whole vocal thing is going to turn out for him. And, then he morphed into an award winning vocalist and into someone whose voice I love and long to hear. So, this time, I did cry.

Every moment is bittersweet. Too much is happening all at once and time is marching on far too quickly. My parents are here with us to celebrate both my son's graduation and their 60th wedding anniversary. And then for my son's final theatre performance, we will have a full house. For now, I am trying to continue to enjoy each moment as it arrives.

I chose this photograph of my father with my mother in the background since we just celebrated Father's Day. My father is a hoot and he strives to be. It can be awfully trying on the children of someone who wants to be the funniest and cleverest guy around, but I've grown accustomed to it. Now I am simply enjoying how happy he seems. I would love to believe that 30 years from now, I could lean back and laugh out loud as though I had neither a worry nor a care, wouldn't you?

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Happy Dad!



"But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful." Psalm 68:3







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 125
35mm
f4.5
1/125s

No comments:

Post a Comment