Saturday, June 20, 2015

365 Project - Day 232

“Tell me with whom you consort and I will tell you who you are; if I know how you spend your time, then I know what might become of you.” Goethe

This is one of my favorite still life photographs. I was fortunate to have the yellow flowers on hand when I chose to develop the still with lemons as the central focus. The combination of both yellow objects with the blue works very well. The hardest part, frankly, was getting the blue stones spread out properly.

Here's why I'm really excited about this photo: the reflections in the stones. I am enjoying the variance in tone and light. This serves as an example of the fact that we can be a reflection and serve as a reflection. The question is what kind of reflection are we? Are we reflecting positive light and are we a positive reflection for others? If we are living the life we are intended to live, the answer will be yes. As difficult as it may be, the choice is always ours. When we surround ourselves with positive light by the friends and activities we choose, and represented here in the yellow colors, we lessen and do not have to bear our burdens on our own. Instead, we can absorb and reflect the positivity of others. Likewise, when we are positive, we provide that same cushion against negativity for our friends.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: My reflection


"As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart." Proverbs 27:19



No comments:

Post a Comment