Monday, June 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 220

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I am permitted to hold for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." George Bernard Shaw

My father-in-law passed away the day I took today's photo. I was driving to a photography workshop when my husband called with the news. At 87 years old, his father was very active, continuing to burn his torch brightly. His life was full and loving and giving. He was a kind and strong man, a wonderful patriarch of his large and growing family.

My husband spent the last week with his father. That was a blessing. There was a debate about whether he should make the trip now or wait since his father was doing well. During the past week, he busily took care of his father and step mother. Though he did not know it in the moment, his presence served as his most enduring gift and as a tribute to his father.

It is clear that we should not put off what we can do now. One of our greatest gifts is our time. Making the time now for someone else is a most precious gift, for both the giver and receiver.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Tribute



"God, who gets invited to dinner at your place? How do we get on your guest list? 'Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.' " Psalm 15:1-2






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f16
1/125s

No comments:

Post a Comment