Thursday, June 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 237

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

My parents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary today. When I picked them up from their excursion into New York City, this happened: "Well, hello pretty lady," my father said coyly to his bride. To which she grinned and responded, "Robert! Just get in the car, please." I have watched this slow dance my entire life. I have been truly blessed by the richness of their relationship and the fullness of their love.

My mother asked me if I had written about their anniversary in my blog. I told her I had not, but then thought I should. As I struggled to remember which photographs I had taken for today, I was panicked by the thought that I had nothing appropriate to celebrate my parents nor their 60 years together. I do not, but I will try.

The day I took this photograph, I had decided I had an affliction I needed to resolve. Holding steady. I move far too much when I hold my camera. This has been troubling me since the very first time I picked up a camera at the age of 16. I have compensated for it, even overcome it, but I have not conquered it. I need to stop looking around once the camera body is up to my eye, trust what I see, understand and cultivate depth, shape the composition, place the subject in the best light, be still and then hold fast. Interesting, isn't it, that these activities are also essential for long-lasting relationships?

As I witness this milestone with my parents, I am inspired by their focus on each other and on their family and impressed by their ability to hold steady despite life's most interesting bits. I am indeed a grateful witness. Happy 60th Anniversary!

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: Hold Steady!



"Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things. Love never fails." 1Corinthians 13:7-8







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
280mm
f4
1/1500s

No comments:

Post a Comment