Thursday, June 18, 2015

365 Project - Day 229

"Be sure to use the abilities God has given you." 1Timothy 4:14

My son was delightful to watch in the dance recital this year. He was clearly talented and having a great time. I wondered why there were so many extra rehearsals and then discovered that his class was performing the opening act. It makes sense that the studio owners wanted the opening act to be executed perfected and my son and his colleagues did a beautiful job.

I am always going on about the amount of practice necessary to complete an effort well. So I'm still a bit stunned that he pulled this off with little practice and what felt like little passion. I can only imagine his level of talent, should he practice a few times a week! Nevertheless, I'm thrilled we discovered this capability and hope he continues to enjoy it for a long time. His favorite class is Tap & Jazz. He will likely drop all other dance classes next year and focus only on this.

I believe in trying a wide variety of activities to discover that which you enjoy and are the most skilled at performing. I also believe once we've given an activity a solid try, we have to be willing to let it go if it doesn't work. Doing so allows us to make room for the ones that do. Yet, too often, we hold tightly and then we miss or delay opportunities for new blessings. This one is hard, I know.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: He'll dance for you!



"Since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently formed and marvelously functioning parts in Christ's body, let's just go ahead and be what were made to be" Romans 12:5







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
52mm
f19
2s

No comments:

Post a Comment