Saturday, June 27, 2015

365 Project - Day 239

“The men of experiment are like the ant, they only collect and use; the reasoners resemble spiders, who make cobwebs out of their own substance. But the bee takes the middle course: it gathers its material from the flowers of the garden and field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own.” Francis Bacon

My garden is buzzing with hummingbirds and bees, making today's photo selection a difficult one. To top off the challenge, I chose to photograph flowers as well. I had 3 categories of photos to choose from!

The bees were crazy busy while working on the lavender. I was thrilled that they paid little attention to me as I photographed them. I was not anxious to be stung or even harassed by the bees. Watching them work was fascinating. Their process, while exceedingly quick also appeared frenetic and inefficient as they seemed to flit back and forth amongst the stems. To my untrained eye, the whole pollen gathering process looked chaotic. At the same time, I was entranced. And, as you can see in this photo, in the blink of an eye the bee landed, delicately grabbed hold of the flower and gathered what it needed. If only we all worked as feverishly, delicately, and focused and then contributed as much to support our global good.

I am adding a second photo because I felt it represented my own little chaotic world during the last few weeks. No effort to organize the flowers could add uniformity. They are lovely, but messy. That's life!

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Chaotic Goodness




"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos." Stephen Sondheim







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
250mm
f4
1/1000s


ISO 125
35mm
f5.6
1/2s

No comments:

Post a Comment