Friday, June 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 224

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." Galatians 6:7

I've been anxious to spend time photographing flowers in my garden. I remain astonished at the amount of growth since I planted the garden a year ago. When I started my garden project last year, I was hopeful, but also realistic. Planting 70 flowers was hard work. I lifted rocks from the beds, tilled the soil, added fertilizer, watered and continued to nurture the flowers through the summer. I expected to enjoy one good season. Little did I know my investment would pay off so nicely, in spite of the long and harsh winter, or perhaps because of it.

This photo was taken as the skies were darkening, a moment before a heavy downpour. I continued to photograph while standing under the eave of our front porch. Despite the clouds and rain, the beauty of the flowers was still visible. In fact, the dark dreary weather appears to have highlighted the flower's beauty.

In the same way, when we work hard, committed to our plan and investing more than is necessary, we reap more than expected. And though we may suffer through harsh seasons and heavy storms, these are moments in time with opportunities for renewal and growth, and even enlightenment.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Weathered Flower



"Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today! Be You...Be Free...Share." Steve Maraboli






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 500
50mm
f6.7
1/125s

No comments:

Post a Comment