Monday, June 15, 2015

365 Project - Day 226

Tomorrow is the big day! It is hard to describe the swirl of emotions. Everything was complicated by the fact that my parents, who were too busy to arrive early, missed their flight today. I called them 5 hours before departure. They were packed last night - good news, but had not checked in despite my calling last night to remind them - bad news, and my dad was chasing errands - the worst news. I know this situation well. It has been repeated numerous times, but we always hope, "just this once". Now, I have to hope they will make it to the graduation ceremony. To be candid, I could not even speak to them when I heard the news. I suspect the Lord knew how this was going to play out because I left the house without my cell phone. So it was up to my husband to break the news when I came home with our Chinese take-out.

Back to today's photo ... this photograph invokes a flood a memories, like walking down the block with him when he was 5 years old and those big eyes looking up at me upon hearing a man shouting the words, "shut up!" to his dogs. My son said, "mommy what does that mean?" Or the local children's musician referring to him as "the Mayor" because he saw my son at all of the birthday parties he booked. And the first day of school in Paris when he was so excited to see a charter school bus, rather than our traditional yellow school bus. The football games, recitals and theater productions. And, the most beautiful and infectious laughter ever. He is a spectacular young man. And while I am excited about his future, I'm sure I will mourn this past a little bit tomorrow.

I have held up remarkably well during this senior year. I have the luxury of another one at home and I have tried to soak up every moment, not wanting to be lost in sadness and melancholy, but thrilled for each and every opportunity. My children are extraordinary gifts. I am fortunate to have been chosen to guide them on this journey of life and hope I have prepared them well (or at least well enough). These are talents bestowed upon me to nurture, develop and mature and then deliver to the world to make a better place. I would be remiss if I did not do that well.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Done!



"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscience of our treasures." Thornton Wilder






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f2.8
1/15s

No comments:

Post a Comment