Sunday, June 21, 2015

365 Project - Day 233

"If you were born with the ability to change someone's perspective or emotions, never waste that gift. It is one of the most powerful gifts God can give - the ability to influence." Shannon L. Adler

Yesterday was another headshot day. This time the headshots were spread out over a long period of time, but since I was shooting during rehearsal each person still needed their individual headshot taken in under 5 minutes. The beauty of the day was two-fold, however. I always enjoy headshot day. Spending time with the kids, no matter how harried, is a treat. We were short on help, so I enlisted small children as assistants and that was a blast. They were wonderful and did a far better job, frankly, than my own older children. And these kids were 9-11 years old. I would call this a bonus for all of us! Also, during the breaks in between, I got a kick out of watching the owner / director of the theater studio working with the children. I thought she might pull her hair out, but she was amazingly patient, even as I laughed out loud at the craziness with which she dealt. Being in that environment simply made me smile.

I have learned over the years that no matter how tough a child may appear, they are all fragile. All of them. Playing a small part in encouraging them, even for the few minutes I have with them and to create a photograph that illustrates the best in them, is my responsibility. So while the focus may appear to be simply on taking a picture of the face, my best work comes from shifting my focus to capturing the wholeness of the little person.

With people and with things, we grow and deliver our best when we can shift focus beyond the subject to the content that lies beneath and to the source of the thing. Be more than surface dwellers!

Best wishes.

Today's Photos: Still Life Flowers and Their Source




"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ" Philippians 1:9-10





No comments:

Post a Comment