Monday, March 2, 2015

365 Project - Day 123

It has been precisely 4 months since "the incident" when I broke my leg and I am pleased to announce that I am healed! I had my final visit with my orthopedic surgeon today and I seem to be on my way to a full and normal recovery. I mentioned to him that as I was walking to the X-ray room this morning, I realized that I was limping without cause. I was not in pain, but favoring the broken leg had become so normal that I had almost forgotten how to walk without a limp. Now, there's something to think about, right? Do we get so comfy with pain and bad breaks that the pain becomes our norm and we forget how to live free and full of fun? Anyway, after I saw the doc, I stopped in to see the physical therapy team to tell them thank you and goodbye. You see, I am really and truly totally healed. I baked the team a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies, gave them a card and with hugs, smiles and best wishes, I walked out of the orthopedic office without a care! I am grateful for the team getting me back on two legs and I am ready to move on.

Now, however, with my recovery comes an existential crisis, of course. Did I learn what "the incident" was designed to teach me? Ugh. I'm not sure. Still pondering this thought.

It is fitting that I have a sports photograph for today to celebrate physical health on my first day called "healed". I should note that it was shot with my less than healthy 70-200 lens. I wasn't thrilled with the photos. When I naturally pushed the ISO to freeze action for the indoor game, the photos turned out darker and with more noise than I expected. Also, the AF hunted quite a lot during the game.

The good news is my son's team won!

Today's Photo: Two Points!








EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 2000
165mm
f/4
1/350

No comments:

Post a Comment