Thursday, March 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 133

We've been fortunate to have the use of the Art Studio for the photo sessions this week. For many reasons, this has been the ideal space. It is across from the auditorium, therefore stepping out of rehearsal for a few minutes is easy. It is large and airy. I was worried, I would be stuffed in a closet. It is inspirational. Filled with artwork, both student and professional. I could not be more pleased. Oops - I could - it could be cleaner. I had forgotten how intensely dirty a high school can be. My ProBoard is filthy and no amount of cleaning keeps stray junk off it, but this beats any alternative I can imagine. Speaking of which, I am continuing to enjoy this dream, save for the teeth (which are still driving me batty). I am excited about the finished product and hoping it is enjoyed by everyone.

The key to getting this right is having a clear vision and process. Aside from a wee hiccup on the first day (and the teeth, of course), things have run according to plan. I am insanely organized through every step, with allowances for flexibility ;) . I actually get fired-up by being that organized. And, when I say organized, I mean everything from camera settings to kit checklists to lighting diagrams to photo spreadsheets to processing parameters. No stone unturned. With over 100 faces to process, I'm not messing around! See below for our simple set-up for these photos. Nb - The stool is only used if someone is too tall for me and the board, otherwise, everyone stood.

"I never hit a shot, even in practice, without having a very sharp, in-focus picture of it in my head." Jack Nicklaus

Best wishes!


Today's Photo: I got this!



"I visualized every step of the 400-meter race until I saw each stride I could take." Lee Evans







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
16mm (16-85mm DX)
f8
1/2s (tripod mounted)

No comments:

Post a Comment