Monday, March 30, 2015

365 Project - Day 150

Here's one thing I've come to learn, for certain ... Late night photos, without much sleep are not my best work! It dawned on me very late Saturday night that I had not completed my 365 for the day. I had been tired all the day long. I was cranky and not in the mood to organize and take a photo. Nevertheless, I am committed to this project, so something needed to be done. I had purchased a lot of limes for an Asian Salmon dinner I never had the opportunity to cook. I pulled out the limes, but I had no energy to set up my flash. I chose to light with the light from our kitchen. This turned out to be a bad idea, since the maple cabinetry left an orange cast in the photos. Again, no energy to resolve in the moment, but utterly frustrating. I was living this quote by Charles Bukowski, "Find out what you love and let it kill you."

I did, however, try a variety of different set-ups for the limes and the bowl worked out best. I even shot the bowl again in the morning. I suppose that was just to prove that in the light of a new day (no pun intended), the task could be accomplished properly ;-) A little perseverance on my part. Since I wasn't thrilled with the initial attempt, I converted to black and white. I am sharing both the Day 150 in B&W and my do-over!

I am more than 150 days in on this 365 day journey. I am deeply committed. That commitment is not always the easiest path, yet it is my path. And, I am already better for my persistence. "Commitment is an act, not a word." Jean-Paul Sartre

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Green Redux





"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1Timothy 4:8




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f4
2s

ISO 100
50mm
f5.6
1/3





No comments:

Post a Comment