Wednesday, March 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 132

I declare that teeth are my least favorite feature. Hands down. I would rather process 100 teenage pimples than teeth ... well, maybe not 100. I absolutely dislike the process of whitening teeth. Everyone's teeth are different. I've tried several different plug-ins. I've tried creating my own. I might get 2 in a row, but never 3. It's frustrating. So, in this round of headshots, I tried to take at least one photo of everyone with their mouth closed! Hahaha! Yes, self-serving, I know, but oh so delightful when it comes to my alone time ;-)

With testing each day and photographing more than 100 kids, I will have taken close to 3000 photos and processed over 200. Of those 200, one per person will be selected as the final for unique Photoshop processing. When completed, I will post a special project blog edition that shares lessons learned.

As I was working this afternoon, I confess to being a bit teary-eyed. I feel so utterly blessed to have the opportunity to bring these little faces to life. Each one is so beautiful, so full of potential. I suppose I get frustrated over the teeth because if I can perfect everything else, I want to perfect it all. The eyes are dancing, the skin is improved, and yet the teeth - ugh! I also feel the weight of producing a photo the child loves - something I've said previously.

I will beat this teeth thing, though, I'm certain. By the way, they are not all a challenge. I just need to break the code on the special ones. The great news is that for each new hurdle I break through, I am developing new techniques and talents that will serve me well as I go forward.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Simply Smile!



"You can only hold a smile for so long. After that, it's just teeth."

"Always be joyful." 1 Thessalonians 5:16





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f6.7
1/180



No comments:

Post a Comment