Saturday, March 7, 2015

365 Project - Day 128

"Now that's a handsome dude! Mom! Did you Photoshop this?" That was my son's reaction to his own photograph. Why the question about Photoshop? "I just wanted reassurance that was my naturally handsome self?" To which I thought to myself, in the words of Winnie the Pooh, "Oh bother."

This is from day 2 of my prep for this week's cast photo sessions. And, this is one incredulously reluctant fella (as you can guess from his shoulders - at least I got a jawline!). I had to threaten to take away his Xbox Destiny video game if he did not sit for me. I think I've said this before, some photographers have the luxury of family for the honing of their craft. My family simply tortures me and forces me to beg or belittle to gain the favor of their presence. This, despite the fact that the session is always shorter and less painful than they anticipate (save their squirming) and they always end up with a photograph they consider "agreeable", if not downright handsome!

The trouble is that it is difficult to learn much with their fidgeting and impatience. At least, though, I have someone to practice with and I can alternate between my reluctant family members and my inanimate doll ;-) ... This means I have to work a little harder to fine tune my skills. The truth is I learn every single time, despite the challenging situation. Frankly, the more challenging the situation, the more I work to develop. And, that is always a good thing.

As it says in Proverbs 13:4, "Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper." (NLT)

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Charmed


"A sluggard's appetite is never filled but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied." Proverbs 13:4 (NIV)






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f8
1/180

No comments:

Post a Comment